We need the information below so we can contact you with questions and notify the winners. In the rules. Cabrillo format is preferred and requested to speed up scoring. An example log is shown below..
Please remember to rename your log files to your call sign. Use your call, club call, or 1x1 call to name the file as appropriate. It is nice for your records to keep KSQP2018call.log. However, please rename and submit only yourcall.log to the KSQP e-mail account. Accepted file extensions are *.log, *.adi, or *.cbr. If you have a handwritten log, please use the example Cabrillo header for an Excel spreadsheet. These log file extensions are*.xls and *.xlsx or *.txt. The scoring software works faster this way. Thank you!
Submit all log files to logs [@] ksqsoparty [dot] org which will be available at the end of the event. In the unlikely event that sending to logs [at] ksqsoparty [dot] org fails, e-mail them to kansas150 [at] hotmail [dot] com.
1. Spacing isn't important, but there must be at least one blank space between fields, and the order of the field is required. It makes it easier to read if the fields line up.
2. We don't check RST, but the field must be there, 59 for PH, 599 for CW/DIG.
3. Use RY for any digital contacts, regardless of type.
4. You can log mobiles as K0A/M or K0A/HVY or just K0A. Be sure the county is in the QTH field
5. If you worked 1x1 calls and didn't get their county, just put in KS for the location.
6. Log all DUPES. You are not penalized and other stations might lose points if you don't.
7. The only valid dates are 2018-08-25 and 2018-08-26.
8. Valid times are from 1400-2359 on the 25th, 0000-0159 and 1400-1959 on the 26th.
9. Exact frequency isn't important, but be sure you log the correct band frequency. Examples above are for 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10, and 6 meters.
10. Log all non-US/VE as DX (includes Puerto Rico stations like KP4P).
11. Name your log CALL.LOG, ex: W0BH.LOG and email it to email@example.com
12. Thanks again for taking the time to convert your log to Cabrillo! Next year, you might consider a logging program like N1MM which will do it for you using the newer Cabrillo 3.0. We'll accept either format. Note: If your logging program outputs in ADIF, just send it in, or download an ADIF to CABRILLO coverter program.
Remember: Log submissions - time stamped or postmarked by October 1, 2018 at 12:00AM.
All paper logs must be sent to:
Kansas QSO Party<------------ Example Text --------
% Bob Harder, W0BH
P.O. Box 3000
Hesston, KS 67062
START-OF-LOG: 2.0 LOCATION: GA ARRL-SECTION: (not required if you don't know) CONTEST: KS-QSO-PARTY CALLSIGN: K4BAI OPERATORS: K4BAI CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP LOW POWER CLAIMED-SCORE: 10100 (not required) CLUB: (not required) EMAIL: NAME: ADDRESS: (street) ADDRESS: (city ST ZIP) ADDRESS: USA SOAPBOX: SOAPBOX: SOAPBOX: QSO: 1800 CW 2018-08-25 1400 K4BAI 599 GA K0A/M 599 HVY QSO: 3500 CW 2018-08-25 1500 K4BAI 599 GA W0S 599 THO QSO: 7000 PH 2018-08-25 1600 K4BAI 59 GA K0A/M 59 MCP QSO: 14000 PH 2018-08-25 1700 K4BAI 59 GA K0Y 59 MRN QSO: 21000 RY 2018-08-26 0159 K4BAI 599 GA K0FJ 599 THO QSO: 28000 RY 2018-08-26 1959 K4BAI 599 GA KS0KS 599 JOH QSO: 50 CW 2018-08-26 1959 K4BAI 599 GA W0BH 599 MCP END-OF-LOG:
---------End Example Text -------- >